Destination weddings are so beautiful and awe-inspiring. If you go to weddings in your local area multiple times a year, you may want to consider a destination wedding.
Destination weddings are perfect ways to spend quality time with family and friends. A small group means you can interact with each other more and make memorable moments together.
I have listed the benefits and not-so-great benefits below. Let me know what you think and if there is anything more I should add!
1) Spend quality time with family members.
2) Vacation and celebration all in one.
3) Depending on where you live it can be cheaper than a local wedding
4) Less decision making if you chose an on-site wedding planner
1) May cost the same as an at-home wedding.
2) Consider customs, shipping laws (ie. wedding dress)
3) Close friends may not be able to come due to finances.
4) The wedding may be more cookie-cutter than personalized.
5) If you are a control-freak, destination wedding relies heavily on the wedding planner.
FINALLY, KNOW YOUR MARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS! The safest bet is to have a civil marriage in the US prior to leaving for your destination wedding.